– The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned prospective candidates, parents and guardians o ignore reports that it had started the sales of its 2017 UTME application forms
– Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the head of information, JAMB, said the sale of forms will commence as soon as its reorganisation process ends
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned prospective candidates, parents and guardians to dismiss reports that it had started the sale of the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the head of information, JAMB, in an interview with The Punch on Thursday, February 8, said the sale of forms will commence as soon as its reorganisation process ends.
Benjamin, who noted that the board had met with operators of Computer-based Test Centres in preparation for the sale of the UTME form, urged parents and prospective candidates to exercise patience.
JAMB’s head of information added that plans were on to have a single centre where physically-challenged candidates could write their examinations.
He said: “We are having an ongoing reorganisation process and we will sell the forms as soon as possible. Anyone selling JAMB forms should be handed over to the police. We are working on having all physically-challenged candidates to write their examinations in one centre. We are still planning for it, but we hope to get there soon.”
The board had last month met with officials of the West African Examinations Council, the National Examination Council and the National Business and Technical Examination Board, among other bodies, to harmonise their calendars.
This agreement was reached at the national headquarters of the Board in Abuja on Tuesday, January 24, after a meeting .
Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the head of media and information, in a statement said that the harmonized examination timetable, will solve problems arising from overlapping of examination dates, which has disenfranchised a lot of candidates.